Getting your MacBook serviced? Do this before giving it for servicing.
Do you fear losing all your data while getting your MacBook serviced? Make sure you take a data backup before giving your device for servicing.
It is crucial to prioritise the security of your data when sending your Mac for servicing. To ensure the safety of data, Apple recommends taking a back-up through Time Machine.
Time Machine is an integrated application that is your ultimate data saviour! This application assists you in taking a thorough back-up of your MacBook. It helps you save your photos, and other important data.
Follow the steps below to take a back-up with Time Machine:
- Connect your MacBook to an external storage device. Check that the disc has enough storage space to hold your data.
- After connecting, your MacBook will display a notification asking if you want to use the disc for Time Machine backups.
- If the notification does not arrive immediately, you can set up Time Machine manually by following the steps below:
– Select the Apple menu from the top left corner of your screen.
– From the drop-down menu, select “System Preferences”
– Open the System Preferences window and select “Time Machine.”
– Once the disk is selected, Time Machine will start the backup process automatically. It may take some time depending on the amount of data to be backed up. You can monitor the progress from the Time Machine tab.
– After the backup is finished, you can safely disconnect the external storage disk from your MacBook.
So, what are you waiting for? Back-up your MacBook with Time-Machine and book a free pick-up and drop service for Apple repairs with Maple.